Written by Chaton Anderson
The iconic Whaler restaurant and bar in Venice has had a makeover, giving the classic beach bar a classy new take. Get in there and check it out—you won’t want to miss out on our five favorite things about it.
- The sick view. You can’t deny it—The Whaler has one of the best views in Venice. It’s the perfect place to scope out the waves, watch the action on the pier and search for that elusive green flash.
- The delicious new menu. Who knew The Whaler had a new Executive Chef? The revamp of the menu created by Executive Chef Nick Liberato—whose impressive resume includes appearances on Bar Rescue—offers artisanal twists and delicious creations that are to die for, from Tuna Poke, Beach Mussels and Westside Salmon to the Shrimp Roll and the classic Whaler Burger, to name a few. P.S. Don’t miss the Banana Bread Pudding.
- The skateboard rack. Parking in Venice can be tough sometimes, or maybe you’re just getting some exercise in before you watch the game. Either way, knowing you can leave your board where it will be safe when you re-emerge is super convenient.
- The Moscow Whales. Hit either bar for some tasty and surprising mixology concoctions that will absolutely transport you.
- The Crab Shell Bar’s new music. The remodeled downstairs bar features sounds that appeals to every music lover, from cover bands and karaoke to Motown, Soul and classic oldies.